Friday, August 5, 2011

it's a DADDY DAY

My wonderful husband has been SLAMMED lately at work, and working over 60 hours a week for a little too long. Seeking balance between work and church and family life is in constant flux and we seem to ebb and flow through busy times and not as busy times just like everyone else. But we have really missed him-- A LOT! So today we're enjoying a DADDY DAY!!

We had home made cinnamon rolls for breakfast--it's his favorite and my kids too.

THEN we got on our bikes,

We've inherited a bike trailer from some friends and "Maddie-ruscos" and "Math" LOVE riding in it. And I got on a "new to me" racing type bike for the first time in probably 15 years (this past Sunday was the first time and it took some getting used to) and so now we can go on FAMILY BIKE RIDES!!

So we got on our bikes and rode all the way over to Celebration Park, and found a trail that went back behind a neighborhood and rode it all the way to our neighborhood pool. We'd packed our swimming stuff, changed there and cooled off for an hour swimming in the pool.

Then we came home and had lunch. Then Dad took the 3 older to see Cars 2 while Matthew took his nap.

I don't know what more is in store for us today, but it's so nice to be able to spend this time together as a family--I love these guys so much. They have the BEST life--they have no idea. But know what? I have the best life and I'm blessed to know it!!!

No comments: