Friday, August 5, 2011

I've got a creative girl

Kaitlyn is an artist. She LOVES to draw, paint, craft, cut and paste, stamp, etc. We go through lots of paper and crafty stuff around here. She REALLY wanted to do an art camp or something this summer and I thought of this place:

I would drive by this place in Old Downtown Plano and it looked like she'd LOVE it. It's usually a "girls night out" kind of thing where people can go as a group and paint a copy of a famous painting, but they sometimes do pieces more geared towards kids and I thought it would be fun for her to create something to hang in her room.

Grandpa Lewis is an artist too so I asked him to be the one to take her on this outing--they're two peas in a pod!

She didn't let him help much though, and from what I hear was eager to be the "first" to complete each step. But she's really proud of her painting and shows it to everyone who comes to our home. We're contemplating the best spot for it in her room.

Then they went to Yougurtville for a special treat--it was a very special one on one time for her with her wonderful grandparents--I think that was just as special as the painting she is so proud of!

No comments: