Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer ends, school starts

I officially have a 2nd grader, AND a Kindergartener:

*******

But before I talk about the first day of school, I have to show you some fun photos of our END OF SUMMER FAMILY FUN!!

On Saturday we headed to a splash fou
ntain and then to In & Out for Hamburgers for dinner. I love watching this one discover water play and enjoy it so much--he was a riot to watch and play with.

And Lindsey had some fun too. As you can see she was hard to catch on camera, she ran and screamed and ju
st LOVED playing here.














So the first day of school went REALLY well. I was worried that Kaitlyn would have a meltdown and I'd have to leave her in a puddle of tears. But we had a "talk" and Sam really needed to have me with him to make sure he felt safe and so in she walked into her classroom and was immediately greeted by some of her classmates from last year which helped A LOT. She was happy and got right to work and I walked out of her class in no time.
WAY TO GO K!!
Then it was Sam's turn. As we walked down his hallway, he said, "Mom, I'm scared." I told him it was normal to be nervous, but he was going to be just fine and that I wouldn't leave until he said it was okay. We walked into his class, found his seat and a coloring sheet for him and he got to work. After just a couple minutes I asked him if he was okay. He said yes, hug and kiss and I was out the door! YEA for both of them.

Then, this little girl was anxious for Matthew to take his nap so that we could have
"special time" together. We played with play dough and.....made cookies for an after school treat for the older two.

I am really just sad to see Summer end. I have LOVED spending so much time with my kids, having the flexibility of doing whatever we wanted whenever we wanted, having all day to do chores. And I'm also glad I feel this way. I know a lot of people who are so excited to pack their kids off to school and have them gone, I don't feel that way at all and I can't wait for next Summer to have some new adventures!

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

I hear ya, sister! Though Kenzi makes it a little easier by spewing venom at me the month before school. How did the rotation go for Sam? Adorable children!