Sunday, May 6, 2012

BIG BOY BED

BIG NEWS around here is that we've taken down the crib. We're going on some vacations this summer and I'd really like to not have to worry about bringing a pack and play or hoping for one of the few roll away cribs that all the hotels we'll be staying at probably have (and eeeeeewwwww for sharing). So we've made the switch!

We were hopeful that we'd have at least a night or two when he didn't realize he COULD get out, our other kids were that way, and we were silently even hoping for another Lindsey experience who NEVER played the "up down" game, but that wasn't to be.

He was REALLY tired last night but still fought us for about 30 minutes, getting up a handful of times. They way we'd situated the toddler bed made it easy for him to climb from the headboard to the top of his crib, so today we turned it around.

This morning I got a visitor at 4:55 who said he was thirsty. I tried to get him a drink but in the dark couldn't find the plug for the sippy cup, when he insisted that he take it to bed with him I was too tired to protest. Sure enough after I thought he'd gone back to sleep I crept downstairs and back into bed. I was almost asleep when.....you guessed it, I had a visitor again. I put him back in bed where he moaned and cried until just after 6 when Sam woke up with him, in a matter of minutes all 4 of the children were awake.

Sure makes for a long day!

Tonight, with a 2 hour defecit of sleep he only fought for less than 20 minutes and only got up twice, so I guess my plan for the next few weeks is to wear out this cute 2 year old as best as I can so he won't fight me at bedtime!

No comments: