Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend

It was SUPPOSED to be the annual Fathers and Sons outing, but wouldn't you know it?  It rained most of Friday so it was cancelled.  So us girls decided to let the boys join us on our Girls Night Out plans by going out to dinner at In & Out and then to Target to have them each pick a new nail color for a manicure & pedicure party at home.  But shock of all shocks--the boys wanted to go to Cabellas instead....and while we beautified, Sam and Dad played on the Wii, it was fun to have some family time.

Saturday morning I met up with my mom (with a few kids in tow) at a Farmers Market in McKinney, I'd always wanted to go and really loved it.  The food was fresh and delicious and it was something out of the ordinary to do with my family, here are my 3 who are sporting fresh springs of lavender:

We enjoyed some fresh peaches, corn, asparagus, and carrots!  YUM!  We'll be going again for sure.

Sunday Mothers day was nice.  Stephen and the kids made me waffles for breakfast and made me a yummy dinner!  Stephen can cook but doesn't very often, it was a wonderful change not to have to cook or do dishes.  I don't do well with just sitting doing nothing, I like to stay busy, so I had to force myself to sit still and stay out of the kitchen.  But it was a good day to be thankful for being a mom.

I am grateful for each of my children and for the blessing it is to be their mom.  I am humbled and overwhelmed at times with the responsibility and enormity of the task of raising them, but I am grateful for my Heavenly Father who guides me in raising them, it's my most important work!

No comments: