Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I will raise READERS

So the other day my kids were complaining they didn't have any books they really wanted to read.

My older two are my children who know how to read and they get books regularly from their school library so I thought we were good, but my children were asking to READ!!

So we spent the afternoon at the library.  
They each have their own bag, my "readers" have their own library cards.  My older two can get as many books as they are old, at least to start, I think Sam ended up with a couple extras.

Movies are always a favorite, we got 5.

Sam was so excited about his books that we checked his out first and then Kaitlyn took her turn, then we did Lindsey and Matthew's.  When I turned around I found Sam lying on his stomach reading one of his new treasures, I should have snapped a picture but I didn't think to.

After this we hit up Sonic for a slushie that we shared.....

Then we tried a new thing (that I heard in an interview with Julie B. Beck of something she did in her house): BRING A BOOK TO DINNER--it was a total hit!  And probably the quietest meal we've had in a long time, if not ever!

Then the kids were ready for bed early, and this is what they did:

I will RAISE READERS!!!

No comments: