Friday, November 9, 2012

Bunco for Boobs

Some might think this title is irreverent, but sometimes it fits the mood.

My friend Leigh Anne has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer.

In her honor I worked with a few friends to host a Bunco Night where we raised $2000 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation to go towards breast cancer research.

I was exhausted after all my efforts earlier in the day and realize that (again) I had over committed myself on this one but I ADORE my friend, she's been a good friend to me.  She helped me learn to breast feed my first baby, helped me prepare for labor, threw me a baby shower for my second baby....you get the picture.  My heart breaks for her family and what they're going through.  She is constantly in my prayers.  But I have faith, she is a warrior and a fighter and will do this with dignity!

No comments: