Friday, November 9, 2012

Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?

On October 22nd we joined with the other members of our Stake (Mormon term for a group of congregations) to participate in a Mormon Helping Hands Day of Service.  It's an annual event that I am blessed to help coordinate as part of my calling (volunteer church assignment) on the Public Affairs Committee.

This is a huge undertaking and there were many tender mercies and miracles that happened during the planning that helped us bring about a successful day, impressing many people about the "good works" our church is involved in.


My family participated in Bonham's "Great Days of Service" where we picked up trash.  Sam opted to spend the day with a friend who was also on his soccer team so that he could play in his game (he had the BEST game of his life too--3 goals and 3 more shots on goal!).  I am so pleased with how well my girls worked, they stuck with it and worked hard never complaining.

Many of our members worked in Farmersville and Princeton.  The Farmersville ward is going to break ground on a building next year and we're working to build good relationships with city leaders there as well as build good will by serving in the community.

Stake wide approximately 875 people served in 32 projects in Allen, Bonham, Farmersville and Bonham.  I am so proud of what we accomplished!

No comments: