Wednesday, September 14, 2016

DC Day 4--Temple, Girls Record, Boys take flight

For years I've heard how beautiful this temple was, how iconic it was with it's beautiful spires, it's huge!  And the grounds are beautiful and peaceful.  I can tell why this is so many people's "favorite" temple!  And I'm glad we took the time to make this part of our trip.

Thursday the 23rd was a day of recording for all the girls.  I had to be there early-ish but the Strathmore Concert Hall was pretty close to the temple so we stopped there first for some photos,  The visitors center wasn't opened yet so after I got dropped off, Stephen took the kids back to see it.  He had to stay close because the girls had to be dropped off at noon.  I think when they were done with the temple they went to a park and played.  Stephen has been so supportive and wonderful to just hang out with the kids while we do our choir stuff without complaining.  He's THE BEST!





In all there are about 1100 singers on tour.  We have to use all these balconies or "boats"  and "hockey sticks" to fit all the children.  Having a group this large made the concert hall folks very uncomfortable but it was thrilling for us to sing with so many voices!





While the girls were singing, the boys headed to the Air and Space Museum by Dulles Airport.  They really liked it!  It was a huge airplane hangar filled with so many planes.  These boys ate it up!  For the rest of the trip both of them said this was one of their favorite things they did!






***Also, just to make mention, this is mine and Stephen's 15th anniversary.  It was hilarious, the girls and I were so busy with choir stuff and there was a period in the late afternoon that he and I kept calling each other back and forth because I kept forgetting to tell him things and vise versa.  Then I called him back one last time..."Happy Anniversary!"  "Oh, is that today?"  Ha Ha.  I guess when we're out of our normal routine it's easy to forget.***




No comments: