Thursday, September 22, 2016

July 2016--week 4--Pioneer day, Boyd summer lunches, boating

More summer fun.

Sometimes my children surprise me.  The Mormon Tabernacle Choir put on a wonderful Pioneer Day Concert which I put on in the background on Sunday (day after Pioneer Day).  And before I know it, I look up and I've got 3 pioneers and a covered wagon and everything in my living room.  What a fun Sabbath Day activity for them!

Kaitlyn has really been cranking on her Personal Progress for Young Women's.  One thing she needed to do was to cook meals for 2 weeks.  She chose some of her favorites to make, and on this night it was biscuits and gravy.  She also has made Chicken Pot Pie, Swedish Meatballs, Mexican Casserole and a few other things.  This girl, I tell ya, is so comfortable in the kitchen.  I'm proud of her!

Mrs. Lee!  Her favorite children's book is the BFG so when it came out as a film this summer we made plans to meet up with her half way (she lives over towards Ft. Worth now) and watch it.  It was a cute movie, not the best but it sure was fun to see her!

Another summer time regular occurance is bike rides.  On this particular day the kids were up way too early and whining and fighting.  So I made them get on their bikes and I ran while they rode.  We went a couple miles and played at a neighborhood park.  It was an excellent way to "re-set" the grumpy attitudes.

Boating with our friends the Burgessons!  Parker and his mom, Katie even got up on skiis!  What a fun day!  They wrote us some sweet thank you notes.  Their son Lincoln has autism and his note was my favorite--he's such a special kid!  Kaitlyn LOVES their little girl Sophie and Sam is getting to be a good friend of Parker's.


 
Boyd Summer Lunches.  Each summer our church participates with other community churches to feed the families who during the school year enjoy "free lunch" at school.  I was super proud of my children who joined me in doing their "summer of service" activity of the week to help serve the food.  Lindsey shared with me how happy it made her feel to do service--that's exactly why we do it!


No comments: