Friday, August 15, 2008

A Gymnastic Champion

Well our area has done it again. There must be something in the water. 4 years ago Carly Patterson put our town of Allen, Texas on the map with her Olympic Gold Medal in Women's Gymnastics. Last night Parker,Texas which borders Allen and is less than a mile up the road produced Gold Medal Winner #2, Nastia Liukin. She was spectacular!

The competition was wonderful to watch but went a bit late for me. So I was catching up on the part I missed this afternoon with Kaitlyn by my side. In a matter of minutes she was tumbling (attempting to) off the couch and rolling around. After she got bored with that, she laid out blankets and started her floor routine. Then that graduated into getting the proper attire of her ballerina leotard (because every girl must look her best) and she got out pillows to jump on and just had a ball! I told Stephen we should have already enrolled her in Gymnastics prior to last night because all the gyms in the area just raised their rates!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I used to do that when I was little too. She is getting so big!