Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We LOVE books

I think my MOST Favorite thing to do with my kids is read books. We have a very worn Library card and our own growing library of childrens books. I love that my children love to read. They learn so much and I feel so close to them when we have reading time--it's true quality time! So I really appreciate that every summer our local library has a summer reading program for children aged 2 and up. We completed reading our 25 books and we went today to collect our prizes. Here are Kaitlyn and Sam sitting on the statue bench of the boy and his dog. They have their reading logs.

For our treats we got:




A free ice cream treat at Chick-fil-a which was really yummy!


And a free book. Kaitlyn chose Clifford and Sam chose Daisy the Firecow.

While these prizes are fun for them, the real treat was all the time and snuggles and moments we shared while reading! Can't wait until next summer!

No comments: