Tuesday, August 17, 2010

At Laaaaaaast

So we get home from our trip and THANK GOODNESS we'd been staying at a friends and I'd taken the opportunity to do some laundry because my FIRST LOAD began making an awful puddle and noise in my laundry room....Stephen had not yet left for work and took a look at it. His assessment: sure he could fix it, but is it worth it? THEREFORE: NEW WASHER AND DRYER FOR ME!!!

Now here's the history: This is the 3rd hand me d
own washer we've gotten since we've been married--we've NEVER bought one. Washer #1 was a hand me down from my in-laws. Washer #2 was a hand me down front loader from my mom, which broke just after moving last year. We were going to buy one then but our friends just happened to have another older top loader and offered it to us and we'll always take free so that was #3. And I am grateful for it. I really am....But I've silently been hoping for it to break for awhile, I really wanted a front loader with all the capacity because, let's face it, 6 people make a lot of dirty clothes!!

We hadn't quite used up all the money we'd budgeted for our vacation and in my head I was already thinking of all the fun things I could spend it on.....but life has a way of deciding things like that for me.

So, TA-DA!!!!! (que the Choir of Heavenly Angels singing)

Aren't they pretty? We're planing on getting a stacking kit (because $400 for drawers is just silly!)so there will be more room in the laundry room--maybe even room for an extra fridge someday!! I've been using them for a few weeks and am LOVING THEM!!

1 comment:

The McGary Family said...

I love my front loaders too, and we have a stacking kit, at first I wasn't keen on the idea of them bing stacked but now I prefer it that way. Yea for your new machines!!!