Monday, August 16, 2010

Days 11-14

Day 11: Last day in Utah!!
Was a whirlwind of activities. One of my favorite of the whole trip involves this little guy:
Eli Michael Nelson arrived to this family around the 4th of July. He's a miracle baby who came via an angel of a courageous girl named Katie who was so smart to choose my favorite mission companion Keralyn (and her awesome husband and mission buddy Mike) to be the parents of her baby!

I am over the moon at this eternal family. They are going to be such great parents and I am so thankful that our trip to Utah coincided with his birth and them getting him so that I could take this photo:
And this one too:I just get teary eyed every time I think of it.

In Provo we hit up the BYU bookstore and the obligagatory stop at In & Out Hamburgers (hey I AM a California Girl and while they're building one near me--FINALLY--I had to get me a double double).
Then we made a scenic drive to Denver where we stayed a couple days with our friends Jon and Monica Torpy. It was great to break up the drive home AND to see these friends who used to live in Plano and Allen. For some reason I didn't get my camera out much when we were there. We just hung out, ate some amazing food, and enjoyed some down time. We enjoyed watching Star Trek in their cool media room (and we're pondering our own media room now--thanks Jon for the great ideas!!)

We then long hauled it home from Denver to Allen in one day--a long 13+ hours in the car but we were determined to make it home.

We had a great trip, we survived it and our kids did great! I've wanted a vacation like this for years and am so glad to know we can road trip and not only survive but THRIVE!!

No comments: