Thursday, May 26, 2016

Matthew turns 6


THIS KID!!!  We love him.  He's turned 6.  He is SO full of energy, so enthusiastic and happy.  He wakes up each morning with a huge smile on his face.  He's eager to be just as big as the other kids.  We took him rock climbing for his birthday and he showed everyone how it's done!

 Birthday dinner of hot dogs, sweet potato fries, and broccoli....
 and while he wanted a chocolate cake, we'd been rock climbing all day so he was sweet enough to settle for brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream!
 And this kid can really eat!  On Friday I went and took this kid lunch at school and we had a lunch date.  I couldn't believe he was able to eat an adult sized meal with a side of fruit.  He's getting to be more and more like his daddy!

But he still has an attachment to me unlike any other.  Regularly he makes his way downstairs to sleep on the floor next to me.  This beauty was captured one evening while Stephen was out of town.  Matthew also is very fond of my special super soft blanket which when I'm not fully awake and in a weak moment, I will let him use.

Love this kid.  Can't imagine our family without him!


No comments: