Tuesday, August 23, 2016

May 2016 Week 1: Happy "Mothers Month"

So, at the dinner table we were discussing the upcoming "Teacher Appreciation Week" at school and how each day of the week has a theme and an idea of a way to "appreciate your teacher".  One of my sweet children observed that "Teacher Appreciation Week" was a WHOLE WEEK, and Mother's Day, which was that next weekend, was only a day.  So they decided that we should celebrate "Mother's MONTH" if teachers get a week.  It was so sweet of them, and of course I felt loved.

I snapped this picture of my children writing personal notes to each of their teachers and shared this sweet anecdote on "Facebook" and wouldn't you know?  It started a firestorm of a battle among a couple of my teacher friends who felt offended and slighted.  To the extent that I had to remove the post because it was so contentious.  It made me sad because I shared it because it was meant to be a sweet memory I wanted to capture, but I had to remove it.  So I wanted to make sure I captured it here to save.

This girl had a flute concert this week.  It was a culmination of her first year learning the flute at at school.  I think she really enjoys it, she really gravitates towards all things musical.  Honestly she probably could have spent more time practicing but she's decided to stick with it because she has hopes and aspirations of being in marching band in High School and this is the track to do that.  I just LOVE this photo of her.  Look at that happy, confident, gorgeous girl?!!


Matthew had a music and dance performance at school.  He had to dress up like 80s--I was pretty pleased with what I came up with.  He was right up close to the front, grinning and dancing and singing the whole time.  Sure love this kindergartner!

Mother's Day.  It's rough.  May makes me miss my mom with both Mother's Day and the anniversary of her death.  I was glad to take some time to remember her with my sister Pearl.



No comments: