Thursday, August 25, 2016

May 2016: Week 4 "Mr. Fix it"

We are SO blessed to have Stephen in our family.  He can fix ANYTHING!

He took a week off from work and poor thing spent most of the time fixing broken things in the house.

We discovered the garbage disposal had rotted out and had been leaking under the sink and leaving a puddle on the floor.  Of course it was Wednesday evening so we discovered this just as he was walking out the door to mutual.  So it had to wait a bit before being handled.  
I needed to get the "littles" out of my way while I cleaned up the mess in the kitchen.  They needed a bath so I filled up the tub in my room with bubble bath so they could play a bit.  I cleaned up the kitchen and then went in to check on them and this is what I found!!
They apparently had added a lot more bubble bath and left the jets on.  They were SO SOAPY that I had to shower them instead to clean them off.

So that's how I got to wash every towel in my house one evening.

Another thing he got to fix was my washing machine!  Usually we would have had to buy a new washer but Stephen wanted to try to fix it so he completely disassembled the machine in my garage.



Then of course we order the part and find that it's on back order.  So I depended on some very very dear friends who let me do loads and loads of laundry for the nearly 2 weeks I didn't have a functioning washer.

But, finally, he DID fix it and ta-da! I'm back in business.  So so grateful

Probably the best thing he got to do on his time off was try out the boat.  After it had been winterized and in storage we wanted to give it a try.  We stole away after we dropped off the kids at school and went up.  The boat was great.  We even drove around looking for property to buy (we're dreaming).


No comments: