Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Rock

I have to take a moment to say how thankful I am for the Dad's in my life! I am so blessed---really really blessed. Every father related to me, my own, my father-in-law and the father to my own precious children are some of the most wonderful, caring, honorable, worthy men I've ever met.


My dad is such an example of integrity, hard work, righteousness and humility. I have grown to love him in a new light as I've watched him interact with my own kids, I don't remember being as young as they are but watching him with them makes me imagine what he must have been like with me. He's always up for a fun time and brought such a good sense of humor to our home. I love you Dad!



My father-in-law is so patient, so dilligent, a great listener, always quick with advice and always makes time for his kids. I knew by watching him that my husband would be a great dad and husband, he'd had a great role-model and if my sweetheart could be even a little like Carl it would be good enough for me!



My love, is a great Dad to our children. He wants the world for them and works so hard to teach them, he's very consistant with them, a great rough and tumble dad and loves to have them be involved with whatever project he's got going on. He loves his buddies and realizes the importance of being a dad. I'm so grateful to have him be my partner in parenting and am constantly reminded that God intended for kids to both moms and dads because its so much work and each of us bring something important to their lives. I need you so much sweetie and am so glad it's you that I'm in this with!

1 comment:

MomDadLewis said...

Yup!!!! Those dads rock!!!!