Friday, March 10, 2017

February 2017--week 1


 February has begun and with it the redemption of some Christmas gifts.  Our Santa left us gift cards for family time instead of big presents and one of those was a card to go spend an hour at Obstacle Warrior Kids (an America Ninja Warrior Gym).

I got a few videos but not so many photos like I'd hoped.  Lindsey achieved a goal of making it up the 10 foot warped wall, she was super proud of herself.  And Matthew made it through the whole course without falling like 5 times in a row.  The workers there were so impressed they were encouraging us to sign him up for the competitions and get him into the special training classes.  Matthew is a natural athlete!
Matthew had a special project on the 100th day of school to design a shirt.  SO many creative moms who spend a lot of time on pinterest put me to shame, I just grabbed a bag of assorted ball stickers and a shirt and let Matthew and Lindsey decorate it.  Here is the only photo I got of it before we peeled them off.


One of my favorite people on the planet is this sweet friend Marianne Harris.  My college room-roommate has recently moved to the area.  I love her kids like they're my own (I'm officially an "Auntie")and we like to do Sunday dinners together once a month.  It was our turn to host the other night and we took a "selfie".  I think we need to work on taking better photos.  But she's gorgeous inside and out.  

This sweet girl is growing up and blossoming into a beautiful person.  One of the things I can attribute to her growth is her participating in the "Personal Progress" program in Young Women's at church.  Through thoughtful scripture study, journaling and experiences focused on developing character I am seeing such depth in her and I am so proud.


No comments: