Tuesday, March 14, 2017

February 2017--week 4

What a FULL week!  The week before Spring Break is normally jam packed with lots of stuff.

#1:  It is the week of the PTA Bookfair which I assist my friend Shannon Lee in doing.  We spent a lot of time on Friday setting it up, and then that means I am at the school for a chunk of the day each day of the week helping out, it means early mornings and even after school stuff.  But it's the one thing I do for the PTA and I love working with Shannon!
 #2: Wax Museum
One of the benefits to working the book fair is that I'm there and I got to steal away to watch this girl do her "Wax Museum" event as she portrayed Wilma Rudolph the African American Olympic track star who won 3 gold medals.  She practiced her speech a lot and was really prepared.  And I think I nailed her costume--truly blessed to find it all on clearance--she looked and felt great!



#3: Pinewood Derby
This is his 3rd and final Pinewood Derby.  He's always had an Aggie themed painted car and he and Stephen work really hard to make it the fastest possible.  And he's consistently come in 2nd place each year--at least he's consistent.  I think he's a little disappointed, a different kid has one first each year and no one else has consistently been in the top 3 like he has.  It's been good for him (and Stephen), I think they enjoy it.






#4: Open House
It's no easy feat on a Thursday night when I'm running the book fair, we've got Open House starting at 4:30 in the afternoon and soccer practices at 6:00 & 7:00.  You can forget about MCO for the kids!  But what I am grateful for are good teachers and a wonderful community that his helping to shape my children to be who they're meant to be.
:

No comments: