Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Valentines Day 2017

Valentines Day was a special one this year.  For Family Night the evening before I felt impressed to share a talk by Linda K Burton with my family about "I'll lift thee, and thee lift me, and we'll ascend together."  And we talked about really loving and caring for each other and being on the same team.  It ended with an activity of "spin the bottle" where we each gave sincere compliments to each other telling the members of our family what we loved about them.  It was sweet, sincere, tears were shed and it brought such a sweet spirit into our home.  What a wonderful way to prepare for Valentines Day!

The morning also had some excitement in a package that had arrived a few days before from the grandparents McKneely that had instructions not to open until Valentines Day.  My kids could barely wait, but they did, and they found 4 bags of candy one for each of them with a sweet note.


After the candy opening, I made Banana Chocolate Chip pancakes that had been dyed pink!  Then for lunch I took each of the kids Chick-fil-a which was a huge treat, and it meant they didn't have to pack their lunches in the morning! Then I went and ate lunch with the younger 3 kids.

It was pajama day at school if they wanted.  Sam didn't but Lindsey and Matthew were all over it, imagine Lindsey's surprise when one of her good friends, Carys Batio wore the same pajamas to school!



 

And sharing the love wasn't done yet. Stephen loves cherry pie and it had been a little while since I'd made one, so I whipped up this for dessert!  YUM! 


No comments: