Thursday, February 22, 2018

September 2017--week 2

More Harvey Relief has monopolized my life.  Our first weekend volunteering, Stacey Davies and I went down to observe the response launched down in Houston.  I ran into a mission friend John Bell at the command center.  Met "El Jefe" Sterling Pack, had dinner with the Comstocks, and a Sunday brunch with Jan Chappell.

The sacrament meeting at the High School was one I will hopefully never forget.  Funny moment was when David Heidenreich was "thanked" for playing the music on his phone for the meeting.  I was touched by the wrinkled white shirts that were not requested or required by those who blessed and passed the sacrament, but were worn anyway.  The Spirit was so strong in this meeting.


Conveniently I also happened to be in town for the sustaining of my BIL Andrew to be a bishop.

And there's my supportive family who made me this adorable sign to greet me when I arrived home on Sunday evening.

No comments: