Saturday, March 23, 2019

A close call

On a recent Sunday afternoon, Stephen was napping and I was preparing for a church meeting when we heard a crash!  Stephen got up from his nap to see what had broken (now?) and found that it was the light over the kitchen table--it had fallen right out of the ceiling and crashed on the table and broke into a million pieces.  Apparently the boys were wrestling or playing with Nerf guns upstairs and running, bouncing, wrestling.  We imagine they jostled it loose.  What was incredible is that the girls had just returned from a Young Women's presidency meeting and were about to be at that table to do some things.  They literally had a voice that told them to step away from the table just moments before the light fell.  The next day, Lindsey quietly told me about her impression and identified it as the Holy Spirit.  Wow!  Connection made.
Incidentally, I really disliked the light fixture and I was kind of glad it broke.  My sweet husband who saves lots of stuff was so pleased to show me that he'd salvaged one of those lights from another room of the house to put a new one in.  Oh yay!



No comments: