Saturday, March 23, 2019

Lindsey's roller coaster week....

I got a call on Thursday morning from a friend who had witnessed Lindsey falling off her scooter on the way to school.  She said that Lindsey was crying and that she'd chipped a tooth.  Because she was closer to the school than home, my friend told her to go on to the school to the nurses office.  Then my friend called me.  I called the office to warn them that she was on her way in.  Then I quickly did the morning carpool to Curtis and went to Marion.  

I saw her tooth and immediately called the dentist who told me I could bring her in, but that they'd have to work in.

They took such good care of her, and within two hours she had her tooth repaired and she was back at school.  She enjoyed a milk shake, and has some scrapes and bruises that will heal.

Not sure what was worse, the physical effects of the fall or the embarrassment for having fallen in front of so many people and that they saw her cry.

We love and appreciate Dr. Lisi for working so hard and fast to repair her tooth.


But then the next day, she was recognized at school by her teacher for the 3rd 9 weeks as a "Marvelous Maverick".  Her teacher said this about her: She is an “excellent student who always shows a passion for learning. She is very creative and is always thinking of new ways to do things. Most important she is kind to everyone in our class, and we love that!”  She was a bit sheepish about posing for pictures with her face looking the way it does, but she was a trooper.  And whats even better was that one of her BFF's Bella also was awarded Marvelous Maverick.

No comments: