Saturday, March 23, 2019

Valentines Day Tire


I didn't need this.

Valentines day 2019.

I'd spent the day sitting at dad's house waiting for the house cleaners to come.  I'd gone to Lowes to get flowers for the front.  The plan was to take photos and list the house for sale the next day.

On my way home, I was on the phone with Sam and I heard a noise and realized that I'd gotten a flat.  When I pulled off the side of the road I realized it was really bad.

I called Stephen and while he started on his way towards me, due to traffic, he wasn't going to get there anytime soon.  I was thankful for a really nice guy who pulled up behind me.  Apparently I wasn't in the best part of town and he was concerned for my safety once night fell.  He fixed my tire.  And I drove on home, meeting Stephen at some point along the way to get more air put in my spare tire.  We made it home.  What a day!

Also on this day, I got a call that parole had yet been denied again for Mathew Wise (yay!).  I'd been up early to make cinnamon rolls with pink frosting for my loves.  But then had to tell Matthew that one of his best friend lost his grandma and we cried, because we know what that feels like.  I learned that another friend lost their dad and I cried for them.  Roller Coaster!

No comments: